Thursday, April 5, 2012

Homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

When I was living at home in Mequon before I left for college, I hung out a lot at my best friend Michelle's house.   Kathy, her mother, would make this soup during the winter that was to die for.  It was an amazing homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.

So when I finally got my first apartment in college my senior year, I asked Kathy to send it to me so I could make it for my college friends.  THEY LOVED IT!  So therefore, I have made Kathy's soup every year for my SNC girlfriends when we have our get-togethers.  The past two years, we have added Panera bread bowls to the soup to add some more fun to it!  I am very cautious about giving out the recipe so I am not going to post it on the blog quite yet - there are some secret ingredients you would never picture in soup!


BUT...I thought I would add some pictures of the soup for you to look at and drool over :)  Fun fact about this soup:  when I had my bridal shower,  my sister Kate asked Zachary questions about me for a game.  He answered that this was his favorite thing for me to cook for him!


Savor the Flavor!
xoxo Sarah

1 comment :