Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ina Garten's Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins

I can honestly say, this is probably the best and most beautiful batter I have ever baked with!  Also - I think Ina Garten (also known as the "Barefoot Contessa") is a genius and one day, I will own all her cookbooks!  If you have never been to her website - please go!  It's awesome: http://www.barefootcontessa.com/

Zachary went camping this past weekend for a Bachelor Party so I decided to make some treats for him to bring so they ate at least some breakfast instead of grilled burgers and brats all weekend!

I have made these before and every time I do, I still think these are the best muffins I have ever made.  Blueberries happen to be my favorite fruit as well - so that makes it an easy winner for "best muffin ever" in my book!  I am going to have to bring these back to WI one of these times as I found out this past weekend my sister, Kate, also enjoys my love for blueberry muffins!

Here is the recipe below - this recipe is also HERE on the foodnetwork.com where I got it from:

Ingredients:
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 half-pints fresh blueberries, picked through for stems
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 16 paper liners in muffin pans.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean

Yeah for Blueberries!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment