Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little Birthday Fun...

This past Saturday was my husband Zachary's birthday!  We decided to celebrate with good friends and had a wonderful day!

Saturday morning, I woke up and made Zachary breakfast.  I decided to make from scratch cinnamon rolls. I tried to take a picture on my phone because the outcome looked awesome and tasted great!!! But - for some reason the pictures didn't save.  But I got the recipe from Brown Eyed Baker.  If you would like the recipe, click HERE.  These rolls plus some breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs - the perfect breakfast for Zachary's birthday!  During the day, we watched some great college football and cleaned.

Later in the evening, our friends came over and we went out to dinner at the Two Brother's Roundhouse Brewery Restaurant.  Zach and his friends love this brewery and I have grown to like it as well.  They have some great blonde beers as well as a gluten-free beer (Prairie Path) that is really great!  We had a great time at dinner, and then we came back to our place to have some drinks and dessert ( I will post about the dessert later!)

Take a look at the little fun time we had with great friends, great food, great drinks to celebrate Zach's birthday.  We are very lucky to have friends and family all over that love us and want to celebrate fun things like this with us!
Zachary, Andy, Conor, Morgan, and myself celebrating Zachary's birthday!
One of the great things about this place is how great the food is.  Have you guys ever heard of marrow?  Like actually eating bone marrow?  I have heard about it on fancy TV cooking shows before like Top Chef or Chopped but I have never really seen it or tasted it.  Supposedly, it's supposed to be unbelievable.  And I have to say - I tried it in the appetizer we got which was called Marrow Toast.  I have to say it is pretty good - and I will usually try (usually being the key word here) everything at least once, so I tried it.  Take a look below at this appetizer - unreal!

I swear - it's good!
Anywho - hope you are all having a great start to the week!  Yeah for fall beginning - I love it!

Happy Monday!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment