Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Library...


I have to say - I just LOVE the library.  If you don't go to your local library - I think you should stop what you are doing right now and go and register at your local library.

Not only are libraries nice to go just to get some quiet time - most libraries offer classes on different subjects that you can take in your free time!

I got a Kindle Fire recently and am able to download library books from my library's website right onto my Kindle!  It's a great feature to have so you don't have to buy any electronic books!

Zachary and I try to make a trip to the library once a week.  Last night we went, and I returned a book I finished on Friday that I am still gushing over - Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  Zachary's grandma, Nana, recommended this book to me when she was here visiting for Thanksgiving.  There was a long list of individuals trying to check it out so I finally just got my turn!

What a remarkable true story about the survival of a WWII bombardier in the Pacific.  It's an incredible - incredible book I recommend to every one!  You need to go out and read it - like yesterday!

At the library last night, I picked up two books that I am excited to read - Winter's Palace which is a fiction story of Catherine the Great, the Empress of Russia.  I also picked up a book about the true life of Queen Elizabeth II.  I have a crazy obsession right now with British Monarchy - so if you know any good books, let me know!!!  We also picked up the entire discography of Michael and Janet Jackson and Miles Davis.  I am very excited to start listening to these great tunes on iTunes.  Don't worry I looked for Whitney's discography but it was all out!

Anyways, if you like to read, here are another couple of great books I recently read:
1) The Best of Me  - Nicholas Sparks
2) The Help - Kathryn Stockett
3) The Hunger Games (all three of them ) - Suzanne Collins
4) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close  - Jonathan Safran

Enjoy!!!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment