Wednesday, February 22, 2012

True Love...

So this week like I stated in an earlier post, I have had to travel for work up to Green Bay for career fairs and to work at our corporate offices.  Since I was going to be coming up here, I decided to spend some time with my Grandpa and stay with him since I don't get to see him very often and I thought he wouldn't mind the company.

I am sitting here watching the Marquette game with my Grandpa and we have just been talking about life.  I see how much he loved my grandma, who passed away a year ago last November 1st.  Since Lent started today, Ash Wednesday, it just made me really think about what true love truly is.  I look at my grandpa and grandma's relationship and I am able to see what true love is.  They are one of the best examples of what I want my marriage to be like with Zachary.  My grandma and grandpa were married for 64 years.  I just hope one day, I am lucky to live that long with my husband - truly in love.
I love my grandma - I miss her every day.  But my grandpa is a strong man, and even though his heart misses her I know he knows that she still loves him every day.

Grandma - I love you and miss you so much - I hope you always know that.

Grandpa - I love you and I am so happy and proud to be your granddaughter.  You are one of the strongest individuals I know and I look up to you and how you have lived your life every day.

All my love and prayers,
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment