Monday, April 30, 2012

Home Sweet Home Wisconsin

Happy Monday all!

This past weekend, Zachary and I traveled to WI to visit my parents and sister who live just north of Milwaukee.  Even though the weather was cold and rainy we found some great indoor activities to do.

Saturday afternoon, my mom took Zachary and I to Cedarburg, WI which is a great little town just near my parents.  They have great festivals throughout the year at their cute downtown area.  We went to the Cedar Creek Winery there which is definitely one of their best attractions.  We had a wine tasting as bought some wine to take home with us!  It was a great afternoon!

SOURCE: HERE

On Saturday evening, Zachary and I decided to take the party to the Third Ward of Milwaukee where we had some more wine an appetizer at the Milwaukee Public Market.  In all the years I lived and grew up in WI, I had yet to go to the Milwaukee Public Market - and oh what fun it was!  It's like a gourmet bizarre of local eateries and groceries.  You can go there - have some oysters and beer or just shop and get some local cheese and bakery items!  Zachary and I went to the Theif Wine location in the market.  They have a great variety of wine to choose from.  Zachary and I picked up a bottle of sherry there - we needed to try some because of our love of Frasier!!  Anyways, this is just a great modern location for any food needs and desires you might want!  I highly recommend it!

Lastly, Zachary and I went to dinner at Water Buffalo just a couple blocks from the market.  Zachary and I had a great Asian flavored calamari appetizer, a salad, and some great entrées!  Zachary had braised short ribs and I had open faced lobster ravioli!  Absolutely delicious and reasonably priced- I wish I had my camera with me!  Unfortunately it was spur of the moment so I didn't have my camera on me!  But what a great casual modern feel!  

This weekend was a lot of fun back at home!  It makes me miss WI and my family but at least they are close!  To my mom, dad, Kate and Beau - I love you and miss you all the time!

Go Pack Go!
xoxo Sarah

1 comment :

  1. Yeah! Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sad we missed you while in town, but I'm glad you enjoyed the Water Buffalo recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete