Monday, April 30, 2012

Library Time!

Hello Everyone!

It's Library time!

Yeah for reading!

So for the past couple weeks I read the book The Pact by Jodi Picoult.  Oh was it good!!! Some of her books just tug at some really incredible societal issues it's crazy.  This story is about a suicide pact between two teenagers in love.  I didn't know how I was going to handle this book, but it so much more than the plot line.  The relationships and secrets that develop and form are really compelling.  Their have been very mixed reviews on this book - either you like it or don't.  I suggest you read it just so you can decide for yourself!

After The Pact, I started up on Too Close to the Falls again.  I stopped it because I just couldn't get into it.  I think I might be too young for it - but I am sure I will probably try to read it again at some point.  Each time I try to read it I get a little further but then I lose interest.

So now I am onto the book The House I Loved by one of my favorite book's author Tatiana De Rosnay.  Tatiana wrote Sarah's Key, which if you have not read you should have yesterday it is that good!  This book is really good so far - set in Paris during the mid - late 1800's its a love letter written by a widow to her deceased husband.  During this time the Parisian government is trying to modernize the city forcing people out of their homes to build newer and better buildings.  There is a secret the widow has kept for her entire life that she is trying to tell her husband about - a lot of back story, but I really am intrigued to find out what the secret is.

After that I plan on reading The American Heiress followed by the Bridal Quartet by Nora Roberts that my friend Angela recommended me to read!  I am very excited to get into this series!

Keep on reading!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment