Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Happy Cinco De Mayo Everyone!

Today is a big day!!! So many things happening!  First, it's Cinco De Mayo, Second it's my sister-in-law Clare's 7th birthday, and Thirdly, It's the Kentucky Derby!

So today we have a lot of fun activities planned!  I'm making a DELICIOUS shrimp skinny salsa and we are having some great food and fun today!  I plan on bringing my fascinator to the party so I can wear it for the Kentucky Derby!  Just wait until you see it!!! I'm a Duchess Catherine wannabe!

But back to Cinco de Mayo!  Thursday night, Zachary and I had a little Cinco De Mayo food day ourselves!  I was having a Cinco De Mayo pot-luck at work, so I asked Zachary to make his delicious beans that is a secret family recipe that his Tata (great-grandfather) passed down from generation to generation!  The picture doesn't do them justice but just take a look!


Don't worry - we didn't eat all of that!  That was for my office as well!!  But with the beans we had skirt steak tacos, a little avocado and some lime!


Sorry I don't have a pic of the finished product but I promise you, it was delicious!

Happy Cinco De Mayo Everyone!  Enjoy the fiestas and food!  Let me know what you had or are having today!!!

xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment