Monday, June 25, 2012

Library Time!

Happy last week of June 2012 everyone!

Can you believe how fast time has gone by???

Anywho - I have been a busy bee reading lately.  I have finished three books in the past couple weeks.  I still am raving about Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" - I really think all women should read it - men too, just think of it the opposite way around!  I even got my mom to get the book so she can read it!

First was the last English published novel by Tatiana De Rosnay. I had yet to read her book called "A Secret Kept."  I have enjoyed the other two novels very much by this author before.  This one didn't hit the spot as much.  The "secret" was not what I thought it was going to be and after I found out the "secret," I was waiting for more - like a better secret!  Oh well - at least I finished it!

The second book I read was the start of a series called "The Big Stone Gap Series" by Adriana Trigiani.  The first book called, "Big Stone Gap," is about a woman in her mid-30s trying to live her life with no family but all friends.  I just - it's just - it's just hard to describe this story.  You just have to read it!  It has humor, romance, mystery - all the good themes combined into one!  I LOVED IT!  I cannot wait to read the next one in the series!

Thirdly, I just finished reading Mindy Kaling's memoir, or book of essays, called "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns)."  Let me start off by saying, I liked this book soo much, I actually added her blog to one of the sites I follow now - she hasn't posted in awhile but hopefully she will in the near future!
Source: Mindy Kaling's Blog
You all probably know her from "The Office" as Kelly.  I normally wouldn't have read this - but my sister Kate LOVES "The Office" and I heard of this and thought it would be funny to read.  Oh - I was so right!  She said one of my favorite lines in this one episode when she was dating Darryl, and Jim and Darryl were playing ping-pong in the basement of the building and Kelly said to Pam, "Hey Hey you you I don't like your boyfriend.  Why why why why cuz he sucks at ping-pong (say it to the tune of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend)."  It was so funny - you have to see it!  Anywho!  I have fallen in love with Mindy Kaling - I wish I was one of her friends.  She is not only an actress on the show but she is also a writer and producer - can you believe it?!  Anywho, I highly suggest you ladies out there who love to laugh-out-loud to books should go read this.

Ok anyone else have some great books they've been reading?  Let me know!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment