Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

So Zachary and I went to the Farmers Market in Naperville this past weekend!  We found some great finds - so the next few posts are going to be about the food we found at the market.

First off, as I stated in a previous post, I wanted to find some rhubarb.  Unfortunately, I did not find any rhubarb at the market - due to the lack of rain, it has been hard to grow this season.  They said they would have it next week though!  But - I did get some great strawberries!  They were great!  So I searched on Saturday and FINALLY found some rhubarb at a new Polish grocery store Zachary and I found which was great!  We will definitely be going back there!

So for Father's Day, I wanted to make a fun desert for my father-in-law.  My in-laws came over for a pool day and for some fun!

I found this great recipe for a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Skinnytaste.com.

Click HERE for the recipe!  I used honey and found it to be just delicious!!!!!!!!  Zachary even wanted seconds and he isn't a big dessert person!

Take a look below at how yummy it is!
The process of making it - from mixing the filing and the topping, then before the oven and after it was baked!
The final project - with a mint accent from our garden!
Yeah for a fun and delicious rhubarb recipe!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment