Thursday, July 12, 2012

Campillo love for Ravinia

So it has been long tradition for the Campillo and Matthews families to go to Ravinia.  Ravinia, if you don't know, is an outdoor amphitheater where big names play music and there is also lawn seating where people can enjoy good eats and drinks!  Take a look at the Ravinia website HERE!

Anywho, back to tradition, since Zach was little my mother-in-law and her friend Margo have taken their kids to Ravinia many many times!  This time I came along and it was just us girls!  It was so fun!  We went and saw Idinia Menzel.  She is one of my most favorite singers.  If you don't know who she is - she is the original Elphaba on Broadway's Wicked!  Unfortunately, she had a cold so she wasn't able to belt out her power notes - but she still sounded awesome!

Take a look below at our Ravinia set up - flowers and all!  The food was delicious!  We all added out own element!  If you want any of the recipes in the pictures, feel free to let me know and I would be happy to get them for you!
Chicken with Pesto and Tomatoes, Spinach and Orzo with Asparagus Salad, Garbanzo beans,  Cold White Wine and some fun!  That's the best pic I could get of Idina by the way but she walked around the amphitheater and was 5 ft. from me!  She is gorgeous!
For Good!
xoxo Sarah

2 comments :

  1. So awesome! I bet it was fun to see her! Were you singing right along? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did! And she picked some people from the audience to go up and sing with her! And Katie - she stared right at me! and then kept walking - I think it was staged a little because the people who did sing weren't shakey or anything.

    I was shaking when she just got so close to me lol! It was so fun though!

    Miss you xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete