Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Library Time!

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't posted about books and tea lately.  Books - I am posting now.  Tea is coming soon!  Wanted to finish off the tea we had at home before I bought some more to taste!

Ok on to the books...

I have read 4 books - or two books completely and tried another one - in the past few weeks.  With all the weddings going on, it has been hard to find time to read since we have been on the go go go!

First was Jodi Picoult's new book Lone Wolf.  She always writes about these intense societal issues that blow my mind!  The subject matter was heart-pulling - the plot though - kind of weird.  The story is about a family - parents who are divorced, mom remarried, and their two children.  It's about sustaining life after a terrible accident has happened.  The dad is a wolf biologist, and for part of his life, he goes and lives with wolves to see how they exist and live.  The daughter is just under the age of 18 and the son left the house when he was 18 - never to be heard from for 6 years until an accident happens that causes him to come home.  This story is intense, like most of her stories, but not the best I believe - even though I did cry like I normally do with her books.  If you are a fan of Picoult - you need to read it.  It's a fast read!

The second book, I tried to read, is P.D. James' novel Death at Pemberley.  By the way - the author is a female - which I didn't know!  She takes the characters from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, and puts the characters into a murder mystery - after they were married of course!  Well, I have never read Pride and Prejudice so it was a little hard to get into this book - maybe another time for sure!

The third book is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  This is a crazy awesome book - a hard read yes - so it might take a while, but I believe definitely worth it!  It's about two individuals thrown into a game - the location of the game is the circus!  I can't give anymore details away - but there is drama, love, mystery, magic, fantasy...it's all there.

The fourth book is The Sweet Life in Paris: Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing- City, a memoir by David Lebovitz.  This details a comical, dry humorous way an American gets engulfed by Parisian food, culture, and life!  David is funny and witty and if anyone ever is going to be going to Paris and wants to be treated kindly and not like a tourist - you have to read this book.  Plus he throws some awesome recipes int here at the same time!  I follow David Lebovitz's blog on the right side of my blog - so make sure you check it out!  This book definitely made me want to go to Paris!

I'm already on my next book so I will be posting soon about some more great reads I find!

Keep Reading!
xoxo Sarah

PS:  Go USA!  First 2012 London Olympic play today when the women's US soccer team took on France!  We won 4-2!  Woo hoo!

No comments :

Post a Comment