Sunday, July 15, 2012

Open Faced Caprese Melts

So I made lunch for Zachary and I this past weekend!  I made up my own little recipe!!!  I thought it would be a fun little delicious summer lunch.   So here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Half of a French Baguette sliced into two pieces
1-2 Tbsps of Butter
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Two tomatoes off the vine sliced
Handful of fresh basil leaves
6 slices of fresh Mozzarella
Salt and pepper to season
A little EVOO
A little Balsamic Vinegar

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil.  Slice the baguette half into two pieces the long way.  Then, melt the butter and add crushed garlic to the butter.  Brush the garlic butter onto the baguettes.  Then top the bread with sliced tomatoes.  Then add a little salt and pepper to season the tomatoes.  Top the tomatoes with some fresh basil leaves and place the sliced mozzarella pieces on top of the basil.  Add a little salt and pepper on top of the cheese and place the bread on the lined baking sheet.  Place in over for about 12-15 minutes as long as the cheese gets melted.

After you take out of the oven, place bread on serving plate and drizzle a little EVOO and a little balsamic vinegar on top!  Then Enjoy!!

Yeah!  My first homemade recipe :)  I am very proud of myself!!!

I drizzled WHITE balsamic Vinegar on them so you can't really see it!  Another tip I think, is if you place it under the broiler the cheese might become more golden and melt more so!  
Happy Recipe Making!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment