Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bon Anniversaire Julia Child!

Today would have been Julia Child's 100th birthday.

I wish I had the cookbook "The Joy of Cooking" because I would have made something tonight from it in honor of her...but I don't so it's ok - maybe next year when it is her 101st birthday!

I love watching Julia Child with my husband Zachary - whether it is on her own show "The French Chef" or with Jacques Pepin on their show "Julia & Jacques Cooking at Home."

I also love the movie "Julie and Julia" starring the most amazing Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.

Julia is known for her French cooking and what she brought to cooking especially for women.  She's famous for her use of butter, her French Onion Soup and also her famous Beef Bourguignon as well as many many more recipes.

So cheers to you Julia - Happy Birthday and Bon Apetit!

Source: HERE
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment