What is it about pumpkin? There is just something so comforting and rich about pumpkin that makes it the perfect food throughout the fall. The spices - the smell - the warmth - I don't know - It's just the best!
So when we had our football get together this past weekend, I decided to make my favorite Pumpkin Bar recipe from Paula Deen - yes Paula Deen! Might not be the healthiest for you - but once a while in the fall - they are ok.
The recipe is listed below - also click HERE for the recipe from the Food Network website:
FOR THE BARS:
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
3) To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
|One of the best pumpkin desserts around - the frosting is amazing as well!|
I promise there will be more pumpkin recipes to come this Fall - so get excited!
Yeah for Pumpkin!