Monday, December 31, 2012

Scrabble Christmas Ornaments!

This year, my sister and I have been all into playing the game "Words with Friends" on our Kindle/Phone.  Even though we live in different states, its a fun time for us to play a different version of our favorite game to play "Scrabble."

So this year for Christmas, I decided to make her some scrabble ornaments.  I made a search on pinterest and reviewed all the different kinds of Scrabble ornaments that you could make and came up with this method!  I made one spelled "Kateo," "Sisters," and "Up North." for her.  There were such a cute idea that I decided to make ones for my sister-in-laws, my parents, my friend Shannon at work, and also one for us on our tree at home.

They are super easy to make.  Just find an old Scrabble board game - at a garage sale or thrift store.  Then hot glue the tiles together and then hot glue a ribbon to the top of the world.  The other thing I did, was hot glue a piece of brown packaging paper to the back of the word to just have a little more support.  These ornaments are very fragile - but very nice homemade gifts!

Take a look below!
This is the ornament I made for our tree at home!  
Happy Ornament Making!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment