Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Enjoying the little things...

Today, I want to reflect about the little things in life I.  As Mother's Day is approaching I keep thinking about my mom and all the little things she has done for me that I probably took for granted for when I was younger, but now are huge parts of my life.  In general,  I feel like we probably all have taken the little things for granted without knowing. Let's look back in time and put together a list of the little things we might have taken for granted.  Here is mine:

1) My Mom... doing my laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping and doing all that for my sister and I.  Yeah enough said.

2) My Husband. For his cooking and working every day and for loving me - I know I take that for granted.

3) My Sister. For always wanting to play with me when there were no other friends to play with.  She has always been my constant best friend.

4) Naps.  Yes, a nap.  Who knew at the age of 3 or 4 a nap would be such an annoyance and burden to us, yet 20 some years later, it would be a blessing if we get the chance to just close our eyes for 5 minutes a day to just rest them. I know for a fact - I took naps for granted.

5) Baths.  When I was younger, I took baths before I took showers on my own.  Man oh man, I have just started taking bubble baths again and boy do they feel great - with aroma therapy lavender salts and homemade sugar scrubs!  Showers we rush straight through sometimes, and baths are just nice to just let your body rest in.

6) Hula Hoops.  This past weekend, for Clare's birthday, she got a hula hoop.  I tried to do it - and failed miserably but I was really good at it when I was younger.  I miss hula-hooping.

7) Night-games.  The majority of my childhood consisted of summers planning with 30 plus neighborhood kids in what consisted of a flurry of night-games - Headless Horseman, Ghost in the Graveyard, Truth or Dare, Soccer, Capture the Flag...I miss those nights.  They are a very dear memory I have that will live forever in me - and I hope one day when Zachary and I have a family, we too can have our children experience these same memories of intense laughing and fun.

8) My Mom... doing my laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping and doing all that for my sister and I.  Yeah enough said.

9) Skip-it.  You know you loved it when you were a kid too!

10) Nick Jr. and TGIF.  The classics: Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Family Matters, Full House, Boy Meets World.

11) Hugs.  Just getting a hug a day I know I am taking for granted.

This is just a short list of all the little things I need to enjoy more of.

SOURCE: HERE

What little thing in life do you take for granted?  Think about it!
xoxo Sarah


1 comment :

  1. I love your list, Sarah. It makes me reflect that what I love most in life truly are the little things - Nina's sweet smell after a bath, sipping a glass of wine, looking through old pictures... the list goes on.

    p.s. I love that your mom is on the list twice. :)

    ReplyDelete