|SOURCE: The Happiness Project Blog|
I truly have found this book to be a must-read for anyone out there. It has made me happier and think more about how to be happy in my life - even though I know I am happy - I know I can be happier. I can utilize my time more to spend on the things that matter most and make me happy rather than those that suck up worry, anxiety, and energy.
Everyone can have a different Happiness Project. It doesn't have to be followed exactly to hers. It can be catered to the individual. So as I develop my own happiness project, here are a couple things I am adding to it.
1) Energy - Decluttering my apartment, organizing and going through all my wedding items, going to bed earlier so I can wake up earlier to utilize more of my day, make sure I get 8 hours of sleep each night, drink a glass of water before every meal and before I go to bed.
2) Relationships/Love - Spend time walking more with Zachary after meals and during the weekend, writing more letters to my friends (we rely too much on electronics these days), make an effort to send my sister something funny each week since I miss her so much and I know she will laugh at what I send her.
3) Fun - Learn a new language over the summer (Zachary and I are learning French!), sing more and look into local musicals at the colleges and high schools around us, attend more High School sporting activities especially football games - we live right near a local high school
4) Spirituality/Religion - go to church more - PERIOD.
5) Mind - Look into local tutoring opportunities for Math where I live, read more, read a book I normally wouldn't about history or politics, read a biography about a famous St. Thomas Moore (I find him very interesting and would like to learn more about his life), read the physical newspaper more.
6) Body - Work out more, utilize our pool to do laps in, go on more walks during lunch downtown during work, walk more after dinner, do daily yoga work outs, coupon clipping.
Although these are just some of the things I think that will make me happier, I have to remember to "Be Sarah" at the same time. That is one of the major things that Gretchen focused on was remember to be yourself during this time.
What will you do for your happiness project? Are you currently working on a happiness project? Let me know what you think!
By the way, Zachary even said he thought I was happier just by reading the book! Sorry for the lengthy post but it deserved it!