Friday, June 15, 2012

A Taste of Summer...

One of the things I love the most about Summer are FARMER MARKETS!  Yes I love them - even though I haven't been to many of them.  My friend Megan who lives in MN outside of Minneapolis also likes to go to them - see her post HERE and HERE on her blog "Happy in Heels"

In the city of a Chicago there are quite a few - the two most well known ones are the Green City Market in Lincoln Park on Saturdays during the summer, and the Farmers Market in Daly Plaza on Thursdays during the day!  If you haven't been to either of these I suggest you try them out - the Green City Market is one of the most well-known in the country!  Zachary and I saw a Top Chef demonstration there - if you watch Top Chef, I got to ask Antonia a question - from the Chicago season!

This weekend, Zachary and I are celebrating Father's Day of course - but to kick it off tomorrow, we are going to Naperville's Farmers Market at the 5th Ave Naperville Metra Station on Saturday morning!  I am so so excited because I really really want them to have rhubarb - it has been so hard to find here!

Here is a little look at the Thursday Farmers Market in Chicago!  It's huge so I couldn't take a ton of pictures, but they have your usual greens, fruits, plants, flowers - plus they have honey - and beeswax candles as well as CHEESE and different breads!

Chicago Farmers Market in Daley Plaza
Hope you guys are having a good start to the summer and have a wonderful weekend as well!

Happy Start to Summer!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment