Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pasta Cabanara alla Campillo

The other Friday night when I was having my "Table for 1," I made myself a pasta cabanara recipe that my mother-in-law gave me to try on Zachary!

Well I decided to do a trial run by myself!  I burnt the bacon a little but it still tasted good!  I have learn to work on my timing with cooking!  Does anyone else feel that way??

Well here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
5 Eggs
4 oz. Heavy Cream
Salt & Pepper
1 TBSP EVOO, 2 TBSP Butter
7 oz. Pancetta bacon, diced (or regular non-smoked bacon if you have that instead!)
1 1/4 Cups Parmesan and Romano cheeses, half of each

Directions:
Beat the eggs & cream together w/ a pinch of salt.  Heat the oil & butter in a large pan.  Add the bacon & cook until fat is transparent.  Cook Pasta.  Drain, add to bacon pan, stir well.  Remove pan from heat & stir in eggs, cream, & small amount of cheese.  Work quickly so as NOT to cook the eggs.  Make sure each strand of pasta is coated with the yellow cream.  Now add the remaining cheese & freshly ground pepper!  Enjoy!

It's not best picture I have - but it proves the point!
** A little hint for the pasta - I used whole grain and it was delicious!

Enjoy!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment