Monday, August 6, 2012

Black Bottom Cupcakes

Happy Monday everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days - just have been a busy lady!  We have our last wedding of the season this weekend and then we are headed to MI for a week!  Yeah - get me there! :)

So last week I talked a little bit about a bake-off/cook-off Olympics we did at my office.  Each day was a different food item!  Monday was BBQ and Dips, Tuesday was anything bacon, Wednesday was cookies, Thursday was chili, and Friday was cupcakes.

I decided to participate in both cookies and cupcakes.  I don't have the picture of the cookies - but Zachary helped me on those :)  Thank you baby!

But - I did make the cupcakes all by myself.  My mother-in-law makes the best black bottom cupcakes in the world.  I decided to make a little different one from David Lebovitz - I follow his blog!  I got the recipe from Smitten Kitchen - also another blog I like to follow :)  Click HERE for the recipe.

Just a hint - I used apple cider vinegar!
How to describe black bottom cupcakes...hmmm...they are like Heaven - a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate chip cream cheese top!  It is unbelievable - no frosting necessary!  And since I love cake more than frosting, this is the perfect cupcake for me!  

Happy Baking!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment