Wednesday, December 19, 2012

St. Louis Gooey Cake

So this January, I will be travelling to St. Louis for the first time in my life!  I think I have driven through it a few times with different car trips I took in college, but this January I met actually get to climb the arch!  I am super excited to go to someplace new and especially when it is with our friends celebrating a wonderful couple's wedding!

When I had my friend Missy's shower the other weekend, I came a little early to help out and was asked to bake this cake known as the "St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake."  I was so nervous making it because 1) there wasn't another desert and 2) I didn't want to ruin it for some St. Louis natives!  But the cake turned out deliciously!  I found a website, The Cake Spy, that has the closest recipe I could find to the one I made.  Click HERE for the recipe.  
I had to make 3 batches - and I think they turned out just great!
For all those St. Louis natives out there, I think it turned out pretty good right???  So if you ever need to make a classy little tea cake for a ladies luncheon - this is definitely a contender!

Yeah for St. Louis!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment