Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Titanium...

I know I haven't blogged very much over the past few weeks.  Since the new year started, life has been so busy with work and family that I haven't had the chance to just sit down and write.

And...Sometimes, I just get lost as to what I want to talk about.  I know I can tell you all about the recipes I am trying and the DIY projects I am doing, the books I'm reading and the tea I'm drinking but this blog isn't just that for me.  This is where I can DL for the day and just let my anxieties go - which I have definitely been struggling with lately.

Change is a scary thing for me - I don't know if you get that way either - but I feel like change and my anxiety sometimes can immobilize me.   I know - I know - a lot of you are thinking why change?!?  Change is a good thing!  Sometimes how I think though - is I wish everything could just stay put where it is because it is working great!

I haven't been very good on practicing my anti-anxiety techniques lately and I know I need to do that more.  But sometimes life gets so busy.  Work is non-stop and life can be hard.  I know I have to remember to step back and breathe - Do you ever feel that way?  I know my anxiety stems from when I don't get enough sleep and when I think too much.

I was thinking this week on how to get more confidence and lessen my anxiety.  I took caffeine out of my life to try and reduce anxiety.  I also picked up baking and knitting and reading - which I have to do more of.  People say to put up post-its on your mirror or tell your self that everything is going to be ok - you are ok, but that doesn't work for me.  Usually what works for me also is music.  When I was younger, my mom used to constantly quote the 90's classic by Des'ree "You Gotta Be."  The refrain says:

You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day

This song - every word is so true.  Now I like to listen to David Guetta's "Titanium"  when I need a confidence booster - when things seem to get tough.  This refrain says:

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium

This is a tough tough world.  But both of these songs are empowering - just know when things get tough or too busy and you just wish you could quit - listen to these songs - I promise you they will help you rethink about how tough things are.  Because no matter how tough life can get sometimes, you can handle it.  

Source: HERE
How do you handle anxiety and stress?  What are your best coping mechanisms when life seems to get so busy you don't have time to just sit and think and write?  Maybe what works for you, will work for others. 

Remember - you are titanium :)
xoxo Sarah 

No comments :

Post a Comment