Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mmmm...Bacon

Hey Guys!

Life lately has been so busy!!!

Where has this summer gone - already half way through July!!!

We have been busy - but some posts coming up will tell everyone what we have been up to!

So Zachary got me a subscription to Food & Wine magazine as a surprise for our move - I know he is so good to me :)  We like Food & Wine because of Top Chef!  I love perusing through their website finding easier gourmet meals to make - like the black bean soup I posted about here.

With the subscription - came the 2013 Food & Wine cookbook!  I have made a recipe from one of the magazines I got - and from the cookbook!  Our friends the Evans' visited us this past Saturday and I made Tom's Sweet and Tangy Corn Salad as a side/topping for our grilled shrimp tacos.  It was in the most recent copy of Food & Wine magazine.  I made some changes to it - instead of blanching the corn and leeks - I grilled the corn and sauteed the leeks.  For the dressing, I did not have white wine vinegar - so I used half regular white vinegar and half white balsamic vinegar.

But my easiest deliciousy (I know that is not word) recipe I have found is CANDY BACON...yes...CANDY BACON.  I love Bacon - I love love love bacon - I wrote about it back around Christmas time here. I made this recipe first when Zach's parents came and visited - and then again this past weekend when Katie, Mark and Nina were visiting - such a hit!!

So the recipe for Candy Bacon ----- Preheat the oven to 400 deg.  Take some foil and line a baking sheet.  Take a package of thick sliced bacon (this recipe is for 20 pieces).  Place the bacon on the foil-lined baking sheet.  Mix 1/2 cup of light brown sugar and a 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder in a bowl.  Take a brush and coat the top of the bacon with the brown sugar mixture.  Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes (I check it always halfway through), and then take the bacon out of the oven.  Remove the bacon from the baking sheet and place on a wire cooling rack that has foil under it to cool.  Serve after cooling completely.
***I break up the bacon into pieces after - so they aren't strips - but man oh man is it good!!!!

Enjoy because this is a great app to service for a party!!!

SOOOO GOOD!
Yeah for new recipes!
xoxo Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment